Written by: Roberta M. Fisher, Gadd Business Consultants
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” I have listed the five basic steps for a great marketing strategy.
- Define Your end Goal
What goals do you want to reach and when? These answers will guide you in designing a course of action as well as a marketing strategy.
- Determine Your Target Audience
Who are your customers? Who needs your product or service? By answering these questions, you now know how to direct your marketing campaign..
- Identify your basic type of customer by age, gender and location
- Knowing your customers will help you in speaking to their needs
- Establish your brand
- Assemble Your All-star Team
Consider the following when assembling your team.
- Positions to be filled
- Decide who will be part of the team (contract help, full-time or part-time employees)
- Contact each prospected candidate for an interview
- Prepare for interviewing potential candidates with a list of questions, especially skills needed for each position
- Review your choice of employees after awhile to ensure you have made the correct choice
- Create Value With Content
A marketing campaign must include the value of the product/service you are providing, how you are different from your competitors and building a trust in you and your business. This will attract traffic to your establishment.
- Advertise Your Business on the Cheap
Creating a killer marketing strategy doesn’t have to break the bank. Using social media like Facebook or setting up a website for your business can be low cost and effective. It just has to be honest, explain clearly what you are offering and be directed at the right customers.
Written By: Roberta M. Fisher, Gadd Business Consultants
Reference: Peter Daisyme, special advisor to Due.com;