As simple as it seems, the ability to clearly and specifically answer these few simple questions can have a profound impact on not only the success but the survival of the organization.
- What business are you in?
- Can you describe your ideal customer/client?
- Why should I use/buy your services?
- Exactly what makes you different from everybody else?
Marketing is a key part of the organization and includes so much more than just promoting the organization. In today’s dynamic environment, it is essential that businesses and organizations be in tune with the ever-changing external forces surrounding and challenging them. These changing environments include: shifting demographics, significant economic shifts, increasing competitive pressures and rapidly advancing technology (just to name a few). The strategic marketing process starts by defining your organizations purpose and the unmet need it fills. This will help you focus on a clear direction from which the marketing process will evolve.
The organizations marketing efforts must address these four key objectives:
- Determine customer needs and wants through market research
- Pinpoint specific target markets
- Identify your unique competitive advantages
- Develop a Marketing Mix (product, place, price, and promotion) to satisfy customer needs and wants
Whether for-profit, non-profit, or your customer is another business or the end consumer, it is essential that you are constantly monitoring and responsive to the dynamic forces of the market. As well as, evolving needs and preferences of your current and potential customers, and being sensitive to impending competitive threats.
Gadd Business Consultants services include, but are not limited to, the following core Marketing and Outreach services:
- Needs Assessments
- Marketing and Outreach Plans
- Marketing Systems & Controls
- Market Research
- Product and Service Review & Analysis
- Customer and Target Market Evaluation
- Competitive Appraisal
- Sales & Market Analysis
- Advertising and Promotion